Switching from the standard American diet to a green raw food diet provides you with more health and wellness benefits than you might think! If your hair, skin, and nails are unhealthy-looking, a mostly raw food and plant based diet can help! Even your liver may benefit from switching to a plant-based, raw meal plan.
What Is a Mostly Raw Food Diet?
Many mostly raw and plant based diets, such as the Hallelujah Diet, are entirely plant-based! These diets focus on eating a majority of raw foods vs. cooked foods. A key component of raw food diets is you’ll prepare foods by cutting, chopping, juicing, dehydrating, or blending them instead of cooking foods with high heat. Foods included in vegan raw food diets are:
- Nuts and seeds
- Organic grains
- Plant milks
- Extra virgin oils
You’ll avoid meats, dairy foods, sweets, and other processed foods, which is one reason switching to a raw food diet is so beneficial for your overall health and wellness! The benefits are endless.
1. Skin Rejuvenation
Raw food and plant based diets are loaded with essential nutrients, as cooking foods often reduces the nutritional content of produce and other plant foods. The American Academy of Dermatology reports that plant foods benefit your skin by:
- Plant fats, such as oils, nuts, seeds, avocados, olives, and nut butters, keep your skin smooth, moist, and vibrant-looking
- Antioxidants in fruits, vegetables, and green tea (vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium, green tea polyphenols, beta carotene, and lycopene) protect your skin from ultraviolet (UV) radiation-induced skin damage
- Legumes and vegetables help protect against skin wrinkling
- Processed breads, snacks, sugary drinks, and dairy foods (not included in raw food diets) may contribute to acne flare-ups
- Following low-calorie plant-food diets may improve psoriasis
Eating healthier by increasing nutrient-dense fruits, vegetables, and plant fats can give you the glowing, rejuvenated skin you desire!
2. Healthier Nails
Eating a raw vegan diet enhances the appearance and health of your nails too! Antioxidants abundant in fruits, vegetables, and plant fats improve the appearance of nails, as nutrient deficiencies can lead to dry, peeling, or cracked nails. Studies show that increasing your biotin intake may help strengthen weak or brittle fingernails. Consider biotin supplements or eat biotin-rich plant foods such as:
- Green vegetables
- Organic Whole grains
- Sweet potatoes
Eating these foods raw vs. cooking them maximizes their biotin and other vitamin and mineral content.
3. Fuller, More Vibrant Hair
When switching to a raw food diet, you might notice a difference in the health and beauty of your hair. That’s due in part to increases in the vitamin, mineral, and essential fatty acid content of raw plant diets vs. the standard American diet. Be sure to include the following vegan foods and supplements in your diet for healthy hair:
- Biotin for improving poor hair growth
- Omega-3s and other plant fats (avocados and plant oils) to boost hair vibrance
- Plant protein (nuts, seeds, legumes, and whole grains) to enhance hair growth
- Iron-rich foods (spinach, lentils, white beans, and other legumes) for preventing hair loss
- Foods rich in zinc, such as nuts, seeds, and legumes, to maintain hair quality and prevent hair loss
Reducing your intake of processed foods, meats, and dairy foods means you’re getting additional hair-enhancing nutrients from plant foods.
4. A Healthier Liver
Numerous foods included in raw food diets help keep your liver healthy. According to the American Liver Foundation, examples of foods and drinks that enhance liver health include:
- Other legumes
- Extra virgin oils
Foods to avoid to maximize your liver’s function include high-fat meats, processed foods, refined salt, sugar, fried foods, and alcoholic drinks. None of these foods are included in raw food diets.
Choosing the Hallelujah Diet to Maximize Health and Wellness
Following the Hallelujah Diet to enhance skin, nail, hair, and liver health is an excellent choice. That’s because Biblically based Hallelujah Diet meal plans are entirely vegan, loaded with essential nutrients, and consist of 85% raw foods and 15% cooked plant-based foods to maximize food quality. The Hallelujah Diet is designed to enhance your body’s natural ability to fight disease, allowing you to look and feel healthy from the inside out. When you sign up, you’ll receive customized meal plans, menus, recipes, and Hallelujah Diet supplements to further enhance your body’s immunity and hair, skin, nail, and liver health!