Ketogenic diet, ketosis and ketogenic accelerators
The ketogenic diet which is also known by keto diet is one of the most popular diets nowadays. As known, it is a low-carb diet that depends mainly on replacing carbohydrates with high fats and adequate proteins (1), by doing so, the blood glucose circulating the body drops obligating your body to depend on fats onas a source of energy instead of glucose in a metabolic state called ketosis. Then, after the body reaches the ketosis state which, of course, needs weeks to achieve, the body begins to lose weight gradually through burning accumulated fats. However, the keto diet has gained a growing interest owing to its incredible results in weight loss, In addition, studies have proven its benefits on various health issues, including:
- Seizures: the keto diet has proven to be more effective in controlling seizures in children than new anticonvulsant drugs. (2)
- Diabetes type 2: The low consumption of carbs has shown reversing or at least improving diabetes type 2. (3)
- Cancers: ketogenic diet shows to suppress tumor growth, so, studies are dedicated nowadays to approving it as an alternative therapy for malignant tumors. (4)
- Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases: ketogenic diet offers more amounts of essential fatty acids than normal diets, which delivers a neuroprotective effect that blocks the progression of neurodegenerative diseases. (5)
Is the ketogenic diet safe for the long-term?
Obviously, if you were on the keto diet, then you are trying to lose some pounds to attain the ideal body shape, but can this diet become a lifestyle without going through health issues?
The short answer for that question is YES……although studies done on the ketogenic diet that proved its benefits was made over the short term, yet, one study was conducted on 83 obese patients over 24 weeks, which is considered a long period and the results were also outstanding:
- Patients lost their weight significantly.
- HDL cholesterol levels increased.
- LDL cholesterol levels decreased.
- Most importantly, being on a keto diet for a long period hasn’t caused any serious side effects for any of the participants. (6)
Why ketogenic diet doesn’t work with you?
As mentioned above, the keto diet has shown in several studies a HUGE SUCCESS in weight-reduction, moreover, it helps lowering blood glucose and cholesterol levels. Unfortunately, you may not experience any weight loss even after going through the keto diet for a considerable time. So why the keto diet isn’t working with you?
There are several reasons that can offset your weight loss, which you should solve to enjoy dropping your weight gradually. Those reasons are: (7)
- You are consuming carbs higher than recommended:
Being on the keto diet means that your calories shouldn’t exceed 5% from carbs to reach ketosis, which is only allowed from vegetables. So, having calories from other sources rich in carbs may be the reason that holds your body from losing weight.
- You are exceeding your daily caloric needs:
Losing weight is achieved when you consume fewer calories than you need. Actually, keto diet still follows the same rule, as, many who are on the keto diet are tricked by the concept of cutting carbs, but on the other hand, they are snacking on fatty foods with high amounts, like nuts, butter or cheese. Well, being on a ketogenic diet means that you are going to reach satiety with small amounts of food. So, you got to avoid overdoing it to keep within the optimal caloric range that will help you lose weight.
- You are not getting enough sleep:
Keep that in mind, you can’t lose weight if you are stressed or can’t sleep and the reason is that staying awake for long periods can mess up your hormones, mainly those which regulate hunger and satiety. So this is what happens when you are stressed or deprived of sleep for a long time:
- Cortisol hormone levels rise, allowing your body to store fats. (8)
- Leptin and ghrelin the appetite-regulating hormone levels change driving you to eat more. (9)
Ketogenic accelerators and ketosis:
So, you want to liberate your body from the extra pound you have, but you keep struggling with your keto diet plan, find it challenging to get into ketosis with all these tempting foods surrounding you, or maybe you are planning to start a keto diet, but you are worried that ketosis is extremely tough to meet and that it is going to take weeks to start noticing any weight loss.
What are the ketogenic accelerators?
Well, ketogenic accelerators are products that contain multiple ingredients including beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB). Here is a product that guarantees that you will DROP 1 LB OF YOUR BODY FAT EACH DAY, as the ketogenic accelerator pills have the following effects:
- Triggers the ketosis metabolic state, so you don’t have to wait for weeks to reach ketosis.
- Enhances fat burning.
- Supports your keto diet plan to claim the maximal effect.
So, whatever your place is on the keto diet scale, prepare yourself because you will be shocked by the rapid weight drop each time you step on the scale.
This article contains affiliate links, which means that we will receive a small commission if you decide to purchase through our links. This is at no additional cost to you, and it helps us continue to offer quality content on our blog.
Thanks to the Courtesy of :