We all have some days when we’re craving meaty dishes and don’t know how to make the best out of what’s in the fridge. This is why I’m here.
This savory pork roast recipe is an easy and super tasty one. It will take you around 5 minutes to prepare the meat, and another few hours for it to cook (depending on the device you’re using) so don’t worry, that dinner will be ready on time!
This recipe is inspired by Jamaican cuisine, in the sense that I’m using a keto-adapted Jamaican Jerk spice blend that, unlike those in supermarkets, has no added sugars.
It can be used to season pork, chicken or vegetables, so if it suits your taste go-ahead and try it out with other dishes. Just store the leftover spice mix in an airtight container – I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to find additional dishes to use it in.
I’ve included 3 different sets of instructions for this pork roast recipe…so you can make it using the Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, or the oven.
- 2 Tablespoons of salt
- 2 Tablespoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon of thyme
- 2 teaspoons of white pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons of black pepper
- For the Pork Roast
- 4 lb pork shoulder
- 1/4 cup Jamaican Jerk spice blend
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) bone broth
- Rub the pork with the spice blend well.
- If using a Slow Cooker, add broth to the pot and cook the meat for 8-10 hours on high until tender.
- If using an Instant Pot, add broth to the pot and cook the meat on Manual, high pressure for 60 minutes. If the meat isn’t tender enough to shred, cook for longer.
- If using the oven, preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Place the meat onto a baking tray with high sides and pour in the bone broth. Cook for 3-4 hours until tender.
- Shred your meat so that the spices seep in throughout the meat for extra flavor and add additional salt, to taste.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 27g
Thanks to the Courtesy of :