I think we all have some busy weeks in which we don’t have enough time to prepare fancy dinners. Here comes the beauty of owning a slow cooker!
This pulled pork recipe is one you can easily do on one of those too-busy-to-be-true days of the week. I’m absolutely sure your loved ones will be highly impressed with your results and, after all, it will only take you 10 to 15 minutes to get everything ready and going.
I suggest you use pork shoulder or butt for this recipe because they tend to absorb the flavors better.
Besides the little effort put into making this pulled pork recipe, the second amazing thing is that you don’t have to use any barbeque sauce, but you’ll still get that mouth-watering barbeque taste. Why? Mostly due to the interesting combination of smoked paprika, cumin, and garlic that will be slowly absorbed by the meat.
But if you can’t take my word for it and still want to use some barbeque sauce, that’s ok too… just avoid buying one from the supermarket because most of them contain added sugars that can kick you out of ketosis. For those of you who want their pulled pork to stay on the keto-friendly side of the diet, I strongly suggest making your own barbeque sauce. Here are our 24 Keto BBQ Sauce Recipes for the Best Backyard Cookouts so give it a try!
Last but not least, you can serve this dish with a fresh salad of your choice, or you can try one of these 51 Easy Keto Side Dishes For Busy Days.
- 3 lb shoulder (or butt) pork roast
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) gluten-free tamari sauce or coconut aminos
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) apple cider vinegarSalt and pepper, to taste
- Mix together all the ingredients apart from the pork. Rub this mixture on the pork.
- Place the pork (skin side up) and any remaining mixture into the slow cooker.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook the meat for 8 hours on high or, if you want it extremely tender, set it for 10-12 hours on low.
- Use 2 forks to shred the tender meat and place the shredded pork back into the juice from the slow cooker. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes before serving for a delicious flavor throughout.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 327
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 30g
Thanks to the Courtesy of :