LCHF Carnitas Casserole
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons chipotles in adobo
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ an onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (seeds removed if you can’t handle the heat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 pounds carnitas
- 1 10-ounce can Rotel
- 4-ounce can chopped green chilis
- 6-8 poblano peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
Combine olive oil, chipotles, lime juice, crushed garlic, onion, jalapeno, and seasonings and mix well. Add carnitas, and toss to coat. Place mixture in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
After meat is cooked, shred it with a fork and add the can of Rotel and the chopped green chilis.
Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 13 x 9 inch baking pan by spraying with cooking spray. Arrange poblano slices in bottom of pan. Top with meat mixture, and then top the meat with the shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Enjoy with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole!Thanks to the Courtesy of :