No excuses! This Keto crockpot garlic chicken recipe is so simple and delicious that everyone should try it! It’s the perfect starter recipe for your ketogenic diet.
Where Slow Cooker Cooking Goes Wrong
Nothing feels worse than pulling your masterpiece out of the slow cooker and discovering that your Picasso was more of bad paint and pour experiment.
I think where a lot of people go wrong is that they abandon recipes entirely and start throwing random things in the pot.
Just because it sounds good doesn’t mean it will taste good. And, importantly, it doesn’t mean it’s going to combine well with the other stuff.
Then you have the tricky business of determining the right ratio of solids to liquids, and before you know it, that “simple” dish you were trying to whip up becomes simply awful.
On the other hand, using a recipe doesn’t have to mean the recipe is complicated either. This Keto crockpot garlic chicken is beyond simple, but I’ve already figured out the tips and tricks to make it amazing.
Tips To Make It Work
- Chicken dishes like this one turn out better if you sear the meat before placing it in the slow cooker. It will give the meat a richer flavor than if it is only cooked long and slow.
- Place any pan scrapings leftover from searing the meat into the slow cooker. If it’s really stuck, you can use a bit of wine over medium heat to help lift it off.
- Make sure you don’t overfill your slow cooker. This recipe uses four chicken thighs, which should work well for most slow cookers.
- Don’t go overboard with the liquid. This recipe should be perfectly portioned, but if you’re ever in a situation where you have too much, you can either take the lid off for an hour or so or pour the excess into a saucepan to make a glaze.
- Don’t let it go too long. While there are many slow cooker meals that are an all-day affair, this chicken is not. This recipe may be best utilized on the weekend if you work during the week.
- Use fresh garlic. You can use the pre-minced stuff, but this recipe is so easy to prepare and really does taste better if you can use the real thing.
Getting Started on Keto
Recipes like this are a great asset for your Keto diet, which can be challenging to start and stick with. Many people benefit from some added advice and encouragement when they’re first starting out.
If you’re new to Keto or going through a rough patch, read this article on the best way to start a ketogenic diet. You’ll get valuable advice and information to keep you motivated.
The flavor of garlic infuses the broth in this delicious slow-cooked chicken dish.
- Heat the oil in a pan and brown the chicken skin-side down until golden and crispy.
- In the meantime, peel all the cloves from one head of garlic. Halve each one and add them to a crockpot then pour in the warm chicken broth. Once the chicken pieces have caramelized on the skin side, use tongs to remove them from the pan to the crockpot, skin-side up. Cook for 3 hours on high.
- Remove the chicken and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with chives. The softened cloves can be served alongside if desired.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 16 g