Will copy our job posting below, but the tl;dr version is we’re both growing (our digital distance tool is deep into development and should be ready for beta-testing come late spring or early summer) and one of our wonderful RDs will be heading off on maternity leave. Consequently, we’re looking for some great RDs!
Prior applicants are welcome by the way. In fact many of the RDs we’ve hired over the years had applied more than once.
Here’s the posting. Please send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
The Bariatric Medical Institute (BMI) in Ottawa, an inter-professional weight management office that includes medical doctors, personal trainers, registered dietitians, a social worker, a clinical psychologist, and a therapy dog, is looking for a permanent full time dietitian to join our professional and unique team.
We are looking for an individual who loves working with people and technology, is great at multi-tasking, is a team players, thrives off of challenges and responsibility, and wants to utilize his or her skills in making a dramatic positive difference in people’s lives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaboration with interprofessional team members.
- One-on-one counselling sessions to motivate and help patients live the healthiest they can.
- One-on-one counselling sessions with parents of children struggling with weight to help them navigate a healthy eating environment.
- One-on-one counselling sessions to help prepare patients for bariatric surgery as well as post-surgery sessions to help patients ensure that they succeed.
- Design individualized nutrition plans based on each individuals’ unique lifestyles, metabolic rates and dietary likes and dislikes.
- Write for BMI’s different social media outlets: Website, blog, vlog, and monthly newsletter.
The skills you’ll need:
- Exceptionally strong motivational counselling skills.
- Must have excellent listening skills, empathetic and sensitive to patient’s needs. We do not ever utilize negative reinforcement in our counselling.
- Able to adapt nutrition advice to recent scientific research with thoughtful critical appraisal.
- Must be innovative and give patients realistic and helpful nutrition advice.
- Positive and non-restrictive approach to weight management.
- Comfortable giving presentations.
- Possess sound professional judgment, initiative and enthusiasm.
- Good time management skills and ability to organize.
- Excellent computer skills, and comfort with social media
- Strong cooking skills.
The requirements we’re looking for:
- Minimum one year of clinical experience
- Registered Dietitian
- Member of the College of Dietitians of Ontario and in good standing (or willingness and ability to join).
- Master level clinicians are preferred, although not required.
- Previous experience working in weight management and childhood obesity is an asset.
- Working with us you will have access to a full gym facility as well as shower and change rooms. Physical activity and healthy living are the primary focus of our work and therefore we view your active lifestyle as a great asset.
Because we are looking for the best candidate our wages are highly competitive with those in the community and after the 3 month probation period, medical and dental benefits are part of our package.
We look forward to hearing from and meeting with you.Read more…