Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche
This quiche is keto, gluten-free and easy to make! Add a salad on the side and it’s the perfect light meal. Of course, you can use any cheese you wish here, or leave the ham out like I did in this Crustless Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche. If you want a quiche with crust, you may also like this Spinach and Ricotta Quiche and this Chicken Quiche which are so popular on my site.
I created this recipe with leftover Easter ham in mind. Since it’s low-carb and uses no crust, I’ve added a little light cream to give the eggs more of a creamier custard texture, as most quiches have rather than a spongier baked egg texture like a frittata.
Ham and Cheese Quiche Variations:
- You can swap the ham for bacon or sausage.
- Any cheese would work great here. Try this with mozzarella cheese, Gruyere or cheddar cheese in place of Swiss.
- You can swap more milk in place of the half & half cream, but the texture won’t be as creamy, it will have a spongier texture.
- Make them in individual ramekins in place of one large pie dish.
- If you wish to use a crust, follow the directions for this recipe using a deeper pie dish, and use less broccoli.
- Refriegerate 3 to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven.
Leftover Ham Recipes:
Ham and Swiss Crustless Quiche
- cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups diced ham steak or leftover ham (9 oz)
- 1 cup chopped steamed broccoli (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup fresh grated Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup half & half cream
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the to 350F degrees. Spray a pie dish with oil.
- Evenly spread the broccoli in the dish and top it evenly with the ham.
- Make the custard mixture by whisking together the milk, half and half, eggs, salt, black pepper, and the nutmeg.
- Pour the custard into the dish and top with Swiss Cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is set.
- Cut the quiche into 6 pieces and serve.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1 wedge
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 5
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 215 calories
- Total Fat: 12.5g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 193mg
- Sodium: 620mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Protein: 20g
All images and text ©
Photo credit: Jess Larson