I’ve mentioned before how much of a noodle girl I am and yes, the love isn’t just for pasta recipes! I love chicken noodle soup and have been craving it so when a recipe fell into my hands, I couldn’t help but of course, modify it to my liking. The original recipe can be found in The Essential Keto Cookbook by Louise & Jeremy Hendon. I made so many additions, I had to share my own here!
1 chicken breast, chopped into smaller pieces (or you can use leftover chicken)
6 cups of chicken broth
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tbs garlic
2 tbs avocado oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 chopped onion
1 stalk of celery, chopped
1 cup of frozen cauliflower
1 bag of miracle noodle fettuccine
1 tbs of cilantro
salt & pepper to taste
- apply avocado oil to pan & cook chicken pieces, season with Italian seasoning. once done, set aside.
- In a soup pot, pour broth, lemon juice, & garlic until it comes to a boil.
- lower to medium heat and add frozen cauliflower, celery, & onions, cook for 10 minutes.
- while the soup is cooking, empty your noodle bag in a bowl and get rid of the water from the bag. cut noodles into smaller pieces. rinse noodles in cold water then remove water so that there are only noodles left in bowl.
- add noodles, chicken and cilantro to pot. let simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- All done! ENJOY! (you can add red pepper to your soup too if you like a little kick! )
This recipe is for a serving of 4-5 people. ( 2 net carbs / 326 calories per serving )