Invision Community
FORUMS BLOG/NEWS USER BLOGS USER MEDIA ADVERTS   ADD  MANAGE CHAT CLUBS & USER PERSONAL FORUMS LINK EXCHANGE
WEIGHT LOSS & DIET Weight Loss Diet Weight Loss Programs Lose Weight Fast Weight Loss Supplements Ayurveda Lose Weight Bodybuilding Supplements Keto Diet Low Carb Diet Online Vegan Diet
Sign in to follow this  
davidtrump

Arabic Mandi.. my version

I love cooking for my son.. so i'm trying my best to learn his fav foods.. i'm not a professional arabic cook.

Ingredients    
2 cups rice, basmati; soaked in water for 15 mins
3 cups hot water
1 big onion
some garlic
1-2 tomato
1 cinnamon stick
1 maggie cube
2-3 pcs bayleaf
1 small bell pepper
cloves some
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
pepper
1 tbsp salt
3 cardamon
2 tbsp oil
1 chili, add more if you want it spicy hot
for chicken coating:
chicken
1/2 tbsp griund turmeric
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
saffron with 50 ml of milk

Steps    
Soaked rice in water for 15 - 20 minutes.

Prepare chicken by coating it with coating mixture.

Pre heat oven at 200

In a pot, sautè onion and garlic, until golden brown the add cinnamon stick, cardamon and maggie cube. add bayleaf and cloves. add tomato and chilli. add turmeric, salt, cumin.

Drain rice and add to spices mixture, then cover with aluminum foil, secure all sides, and make some holes.

Add chicken on top of the foil then cover and secure the chicken with another foil..

Bake for 1 hour or 1 1/2. then open and put chicken up the cooked rice.

Brush chicken with saffron and milk mixture.. if you have any..it will give a nice golden color to the chicken.

Just curious with the charcoal thing so i lined a small cup with foil and add few drops of olive oil and charcoal, place inside my rice and cover with same aluminum foil for about 5 minutes.. smells is so nice.

Prepare platter with yougart salad.

cookpad.com

arabic cuisine 5.jpg

DIET & EDUCATION Online Learning Degree Online Culinary Courses Bachelor Degree Online Distance Degree Online Master's Degree Online Online Courses MBA Degree Online Online School Associate Degree Online