Invision Community
FORUMS BLOG/NEWS USER BLOGS USER MEDIA ADVERTS   ADD  MANAGE CHAT CLUBS & USER PERSONAL FORUMS LINK EXCHANGE
WEIGHT LOSS & DIET Weight Loss Diet Weight Loss Programs Lose Weight Fast Weight Loss Supplements Ayurveda Lose Weight Bodybuilding Supplements Keto Diet Low Carb Diet Online Vegan Diet
Sign in to follow this  
lindagray

Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies

These almond flour chocolate chip cookies are absolutely delicious, crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside! They’re paleo and vegan. 

It’s been a crazy week. Isaac and I had plans or appointments every night after work this week — it was all fun stuff but I’ve had little time to blog so that’s why you haven’t heard from me in a few days.

How to Make Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last night I had some free time so I managed to get in a good workout after work (this walking HIIT treadmill workout if you’re curious) AND bake a batch of cookies after dinner.

These cookies aren’t any old cookies either. They’re actually for a Crossfit party.

The invite didn’t mention anything about the items needing to be paleo, but I know how the Crossfit peeps roll so I figured I would try my hand at making a paleo friendly cookie. (Just as an FYI – strict Paleo diet followers eat fish, grass-fed pasture raised meats, vegetables, fruit, fungi, roots, and nuts, and stay away from grains, legumes, dairy products, refined sugar and processed oils.) Since there are no grain-based flours allowed (not even quinoa flour), baking can be quite the task…

I looked up a bunch of different recipes online and finally decided to use this one as my guide.

They’re for the party, but of course I had to taste one last night for quality control. <– Had to be done.

I’ll be honest, I was pretty surprised at the flavor when I tasted it because I thought the almond flour was going to make the cookies taste dry. Alas, it was moist, sweet and delicious. They are quite dense so the texture is a little different than a regular chocolate chip cookie, but they’re still cookie-like and work great for curing a late night sweet tooth. I think the chocolate chips help!

DESCRIPTION

Crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside these almond flour chocolate chip cookies are absolutely delicious, vegan and paleo. 

INGREDIENTS

2 cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
6 tablespoons coconut oil, in a liquid state
1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips*

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 350° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat baking mat.
Add almond flour, sea salt and baking soda in small bowl. In another bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla until combined. Gradually add almond flour into the bowl with the wet mixture. Stir in chocolate.
Add cookie dough by level measuring tablespoon (1-inch scoop) onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 17-20 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges. Cool on baking sheets for a full 15 minutes before placing on wire racks to cool completely. Definitely let them cool for the full 15 minutes or they will likely break. Store in airtight containers. Eat within 2 days.

NOTES

I used Eating Evolved Unsweetened Midnight Coconut Bar to keep the sugar content low.

NUTRITION
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Calories: 118
Sugar: 3g
Fat: 10g
Carbohydrates: 6g
Fiber: 1g
Protein: 3g
Cholesterol: 0

paleo-almond-flour-chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg

DIET & EDUCATION Online Learning Degree Online Culinary Courses Bachelor Degree Online Distance Degree Online Master's Degree Online Online Courses MBA Degree Online Online School Associate Degree Online